Did you remember to visit the News page?…
Don’t forget to visit the News section on this site for updates & announcements!
Important: Change of location for Avigail
As of the start of April I will work exclusively from Kilmalieu Cottage, Croy, IV2 5PW and will not be seeing clients in Inverness.
Fully Human is a private psychotherapy practice. It is not an emergency service and cannot provide around the clock urgent or crisis help. If you are in trouble or contemplating taking your own life, there are services that can help you 24/7. Here are a few possibilities:
- The Samaritans – 08457 90 90 90 –You can talk to the Samaritans any time you like, in your own way, and off the record – about whatever’s getting to you. You don’t have to be suicidal.
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland – 08088 020406 – A national telephone counselling service for adult survivors of childhood abuse.
- Combat Stress – 0800 138 1619, text 07537 404 719 or email email@example.com – Combat Stress is a 24-Hour Helpline for the military community and their families which can advise on various issues from mental health to practical support.
- Scottish Women’s Aid – Scottish Women’s Aid is the lead organisation in Scotland working towards the prevention of domestic abuse. http://www.scottishwomensaid.org.uk/advice-information-lp/women
- You can also contact your GP practice, the police, the emergency line ‘999’ if it is an emergency, or the NHS24: 08454 24 24 24 .
Welcome to Fully Human Psychotherapy & Counselling. Fully Human is a psychotherapy and counselling practice owned and run by Avigail Abarbanel. Avigail has worked in private practice in Canberra (Australia) since 1999. She moved to the Scottish Highlands in January 2010 and started practising here in July 2010. Avigail is a BACP and COSCA accredited psychotherapist and counsellor and is on the BACP Register. Avigail works with adult individuals and couples on a variety of life issues.
*Lorna Gunn has now joined Fully Human. She offers counselling to adult individuals (18+) two evenings a week and on Saturday mornings. Lorna will see clients in our counselling room at ‘Therapy 1st’ in Inverness. Lorna is a member of the BACP and COSCA and she offers counselling on a variety of life issues.
*Please note that for the time being Lorna is not seeing clients. Please check the News page for any updates.
Fully Human Psychotherapy & Counselling is welcoming to the LGBT community.
Information & Appointments
Avigail sees clients at her home counselling room near Croy (Kilmalieu Cottage, Croy IV2 5PW) on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and has one appointment available every fortnight on Friday at 12.30pm. Please visit Avigail’s page for exact times on those days or see below. (Please note that Avigail’s home counselling room is located in a rural setting that is private and quiet.)
For EAP Companies: Avigail does not accept EAP work.
Lorna normally sees clients at ‘Therapy 1st’ Monday to Friday evenings from 6pm and on Saturday mornings. However Lorna isn’t accepting new clients for the moment.
- Please refer to our individual pages for more information about us, our work, fees and how to book appointments.
- BEFORE you contact us to make an appointment please read Important Note below about what we don’t do and the conditions we do not work with. For ethical reasons we can make no exceptions.
- Avigail: £55 — individual session, £65 — couple session, £75 — family therapy session.
- Lorna: £50 — individual session.
- Avigail’s sessions are 90 minutes long.
- Lorna’s sessions are 60 minutes long.
- We ask for 24 hours notice for cancellations, or the full fee applies. This does not apply in the event of an emergency or illness.
For enquiries / new referrals please contact at the details below during office hours between Monday and Friday.
- To make an appointment contact:
Avigail – M: 07913 295 029 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lorna – M: 07745 243 543 or by email at email@example.com
Times & Locations — Avigail
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday — Appointments are at my home counselling room near Croy (Please contact Avigail directly for address). On Thursday they are in Inverness at Therapy 1st, 1st floor, 1 Ardross Street, Inverness IV3 5NN
Monday —10:00, 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00 (Croy)
Tuesday — 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00 (Croy)
Wednesday —12:00, 14:00 and 16:00 (Inverness)
Friday — 12:30 (Croy) — not every week.
Times & Locations — Lorna
Monday – Friday from 6pm and on Saturday mornings. All appointments are in Inverness at Therapy 1st, 1st floor, 1 Ardross Street, Inverness IV3 5NN
This counselling service is strictly:
- NOT a way to give the client all the answers.
- NOT crisis intervention (See important notice for emergencies at the top of this page).
- NOT for individuals who are currently abusing drugs or alcohol. In order to use our service, you must already be well into recovery, and have a comprehensive and well-established support network.
- NOT for individuals with severe psychiatric conditions or a personality disorder.
- NOT a substitute for necessary medical attention or hospital care.
- NOT a ‘repair shop’ for the mind.
For more information, please feel free to download the practice brochure from the box on the right-hand side of this page, or spend a few minutes exploring this site. (*Please note the practice brochure does not yet include Lorna. The brochure needs to be updated and we’ll try to do it as soon as possible.)
About Facebook – Please note that because of professional boundaries we don’t ‘friend’ clients on our personal Facebook pages. (To learn more about professional boundaries please look at the Ethics page on this site.) However, clients and members of the general public are welcome to ‘Like’ and post questions or comments on the Fully Human Facebook page any time!